VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Vet Students

Posted by Debbie Hale 
Debbie Hale
August 23, 2008 01:28AM
Hello. I am looking for some advice, if anyone could help it would be so greatly appreciated. I have just got my GCSE results back and got AA in double award Science A* in Maths BB in English Literature and Language, A in RE, A in Design technology and B in Art, i also did a first diploma in sport which i gained a Merit in. Because of a move during teh first year of my GCSE's i feel i did not achieve the grades i could have due to the unfortunate circumstances. I am going into my first year of A Levels to study Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and will put in all my efforts to gain AAA or AAB at full A Level. I have always wanted to be a Vet but i know how extremly differcult it is to get into Veterinary School. I have also applied to a number of Veteriany practices for work expirience, i have worked for serveral weeks on large farm, worked with horses and at numerous riding stables all my life and at a stud farm and kennels on some weekends in the School holidays. Because of my low GCSE grades (in comparison to other applicants) i am extremly worried that my efforts at ALevel and other potential work expirience will be futile. Please help if anyone has any advice. Thankyou!
Debbie.
August 27, 2008 05:58PM
Hi.

If you get the A level grades you mention, I would expect it would be taken into consideration at the vet school you apply to.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved