VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by Rebecca 
Rebecca
April 28, 2008 01:20PM
Hi Everyone, I'm 23 and completed a zoology degree last year and am looking at starting veterinary medicine sept 09, at rvc, london, uk and doing the accelerated degree. I've researched fairly thoroughly but just wondering if anyone can offer more info or advice. Obviously I've had 3yrs gov funding so am going to have to fund myself, hence having a further 18months saving! I took 3 a levels inc biology in sixth form and an a.s level in chem. I've got work exerience in a kennel/ equine vet/ hospital/ large cat santuary/ rspca cattery/ and hopefully starting some more voluntary work with the guide dog association. Also had a fair bit of field and zoo research experience from uni too. I guess really I just want to know if I'll still have a chance of getting a place.

Thankyou anyone who can offer any help! Rebecca.
April 30, 2008 05:33PM
Hi,

Until you are actually offered a place at the RVC this is all very hypothetical. I have no knowledge of the 'accelerated degree' you mention. Can you tell us more about it, please?

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved