VetClick Discussion Forum

Vet Work Experience

Posted by J Hughes 
J Hughes
Vet Work Experience
April 24, 2008 06:08PM
Hello,

I would like to do work experience (or a weekend job) in our local vets (Bicester, Oxfordshire, England) however, I'm not sure of the best way to ask! I'm 15 year old boy (currently taking Biology GCSE), however I'm not sure if such is possible. I have always wanted to be a vet (dwelled over being a surgeon too, but short-lived) and I feel that some work-experience is the best approach to getting the place at uni I want and also gaining the relevent experience! I would appreciate it if you could advise me where to go next!

Kind regards,

J Hughes.
Re: Vet Work Experience
April 24, 2008 07:05PM
Hi,
Since you already have had contact with a veterinary practice where, you presumably take your own animals, you have a head start.

If you seriously wish to study veterinary science you will need A level Biology, Chemistry and Physics as well as a good renge of subjects at O level GCSE. Unless you think you can achieve this you have no chance.

Assuming that you can, write to the senior partner in the practice - Mr or Mrs Hart at the Hart Veterinary Centre or Mr Cornish or Mr Ferens at Bicester Vet Centre, whichever you attend, saying that you are interested in becoming a vet, and asking if you could 'see practice' at weekends for a little while.

Good luck,

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved