VetClick Discussion Forum

Trainee Vet Nurse Positions

Posted by Rachael 
Hannah Sharp
Re: Trainee Vet Nurse Positions
June 30, 2011 07:06PM
Hello
i am currently looking for an ANA training position in a large or small animal practice on the wirral or cheshire, if anyone knows of anything please do let me no and i will forward a cv.

Many thanks x
david blake
July 14, 2011 09:30PM
sophie i can help you .check out
VetTechPrep is the most comprehensive online interactive veterinary technician study guide to help you prepare for the VTNE.

vtne practice test
veterinary nurse
August 02, 2011 08:38PM
Hi,

Ive been accepted on a veterinary course in York which is one day a week. I currently live in Scarborough though and have rung all the vets possible. Just wondered if you have any advice on what else I can do as I really want to do this course.

Thanks.

Claire.
Aimee-Lou
August 02, 2011 09:04PM
I too am currently looking for a place. As it stands, in order to get a place on the course that is required, I need to gain experience, and without the place on the course I cannot progress. I confess, I am a 'mature' student in this field, at 28 I am coming late into the race, but was hoping that age and life experience would potentially be on my side. I'm in Norfolk, and I'm hoping to find something in Dereham or Norwich (I don't currently have a car available so bus or cycle are my modes of transport). I'm hoping to make some appointments with my local veterinary practice managers to discuss in person what my next steps should be. As I'm currently not in a position to commit whole-heartedly to volunteering or similar (mum of 1 and provider to my family, my husband is also changing careers to become a teacher), I don't want to be seen as not being enthusiastic or willing.
Does anyone have any tips or general guidance that could possibly help me with my hunt for that elusive vacancy?
jessica h
August 05, 2011 11:15AM
I live in Whitley Bay near Newcastle and have tried all of the vets I can think of in my area, also looking at Northumberland area as well. I am desperate for a training position and am willing to start at the lowest level possible just to get a start. One college is only doing the course for employed people so even a work placement would not be enough as the only other college in the area isn't running it this year due to students not being able to get placements! help, help, help. Am starting an animal management course in september as I hope this may help. Thanks to anyone who can help, Jess.
Aleesha
August 10, 2011 04:33AM
hi i need help finding or starting a carea in a vet nurse clinic straight from being a student, i live in jimboomba qld
August 31, 2011 04:38AM
Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi there, I'm looking for trainee veterinary nurse
> positions without any luck. I know places go
> quickly and there is a lot of demand but I was
> wondering if anyone else has had trouble finding a
> position and how long it took them to find
> somewhere to take them on?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I hope that you have had some luck finding a job since you posted this. I also had some difficulty finding a nurse position when I was looking for one, but with patience, I finally found one. Where have looked for nurse jobs so far? Best of luck and hope to hear from you soon.

Ben
Livi
September 15, 2011 08:58AM
Hi there,

It is also prpvong very difficult for me to find a TVP. I wrote to around 40 veterinary practices but only half replied. I have so far had 3 interviews in around 6 months. It is a waiting game, if you have written to the vets they wull more than likely keep your CV on file. They will then usually contact you when they have a ANA or student veterinary nurse placement. It took one of my friends 2 years to find a placement. One thing i would say is avoid Medivet, they are a horrid company to work for so avoid them as much as you can with a barge pole. Unfortunately i am sitting here also looking for a placement but having no luck. dont give up, find yourself a coyple of part time jobs in the meantime to tide you over, I am currently doing 3 part time jobs!!!
Just wait and hope for the best. Good luck to you all smiling smiley
Livi x
Laurabc1991
September 26, 2011 01:54PM
Its not an easy job getting an ANA or trainee Vet nurse.. Having done 2 Animal Management course at Writtle college and have 5GCSE of which C grade English and Maths. I have written to over 100 vets and like previous messages have said you are lucky to get replies. But they do keep your letters on file as I had a call back from one of last years letters. Unfortunately I don't have a full driving licence so I wasn't suitable for the job however they were nice enough to see me which boosted my confidence. Within the last week I have had 2 interviews from recent cold call letters. Despite having excellent interviews and positive feed back, other candidates have more experience than I do. RCVS say they are desperate for Vet Nurses but how will this improve if there are no training vacancies. I look everyday at Vetnurse website and various other sites. I would be grateful for any advice on how to get a paid job in a Veterinary Practice.
Harriette
July 16, 2012 05:27PM
Hi, Im very interested in getting into veterinary nursing and am feeling a bit lost. i cant seem to get a placement. Im in the essex area and wondered if anyone could help ?
August 06, 2012 11:17AM
Your first port of call should be to contact the British Veterinary Nursing Association through bvna.org. They should be able to advise you on how best to go about it, but volunteer work at a vet clinic, rescue centre or charity are also good ways to obtain some experience.
Anne-marie
September 09, 2012 11:58AM
Hi, just wondering how people are getting on with their searches for veterinary nurse trainee placements? Any success so far, any advice or tips on how to be successful in getting one?
TaraG44
Trainee Vet Nurse Positions
September 17, 2012 11:45AM
Hello,
I have been living back in England for the laast 6 years and have had no success in becoming a Trainee Veterinary Nurse. I have numerous qualifications including an NVQ2 in Animal Care and a National Award in Animal Management. I am 25 years old and am currently a mature student studying my A levels part time so I can hopefully get into University next September. I am hoping to train in a veterinary practice instead of going to Uni but cant find any placements. I carry out charity work for Guide Dogs for the Blind and also volunteer on a farm once a week since June and have many other work experience but still am not getting anywhere. I live in Portsmouth Hampshire. If anyone knows of any Trainee Positions in the area please contact me!
Thank you,
Tara
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved