VetClick Discussion Forum

Trainee Vet Nurse Positions

Posted by Rachael 
Rachael
Trainee Vet Nurse Positions
February 12, 2008 03:35PM
Hi there, I'm looking for trainee veterinary nurse positions without any luck. I know places go quickly and there is a lot of demand but I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble finding a position and how long it took them to find somewhere to take them on?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Trainee Vet Nurse Positions
February 12, 2008 05:26PM
Hi, Rachael,

You may find that you would get more help if you gave some idea where you live!

W
Rachael
February 12, 2008 05:58PM
Hi Walter,

I live in on the border of Surrey and Hampshire, near Aldershot and am looking for practices in Camberley/Farnborough/Farnham/Guildford. I was just really wondering how long it normally takes to find a position, but if anyone can help me then that would be great.

Thanks,
Rachael.
February 13, 2008 08:02AM
Hi, Rachael,

If you are in commuting distance of London you could try one of the Bluecross animal hospitals in London (Victoria), Hammersmith or Merton.
Failing that, ask the RCVS for a list of approved VN training practices in your area.

W
Stacey Wilson
May 16, 2008 04:29PM
Hi there, im looking for any work in a veterinary practice as a Trainee vet nurse or Receptionist, i am currently a receptionist at a practice in scotland but moving to dudley in Birmingham at the end of june and would like to stay in the same job role.

stacey wilson
Jonathan Smirthwaite
July 20, 2008 03:45PM
Is The Postion Still Open ?

If so could you email me the details.

Kind Regards

Jonathan
Rachael_90
October 06, 2008 10:38PM
Hi,
im in the same boat as you rachael. i live in croydon surrey so im a bit closer to london but i was hoping to train guildford sort of way. ive sent off my C.V to all my local traning practices and theyve all been really helpful but dont have any vaccancies. Most of them say theyl keep you listed so thats something.
Im just going to keep trying and hoping something comes up soon.
Best of luck,
Rachael
October 07, 2008 07:11AM
Hi,

Try the Blue Cross Animal Hospital in Hugh Street, Victoria ( see www.bluecross.org.uk)

W
Evie read
May 19, 2009 02:13PM
Hi,

I live in Hertfordshire and would like to find a veterinary practice that would allow me to train to be a vet nurse, or start as a recepyionist. I have completed a BSc in Applied Animal Studies.

Evie
Lucy
June 22, 2009 04:24PM
Hi,

I live in Hertford, Hertfordshire and would like to find a veterinary practice that would allow me to train to be a vet nurse. I completed my A levels last summer and recently spent 3 months working with wild animals at a Rehabilitation Centre in South Africa.

Lucy
Kelly1uk
July 02, 2009 10:51AM
Hi all

I'm also looking for a trainee vet nurse placement, although I live in Bristol. I've sent out about 30 letters and CVs and haven't had any luck as yet sad smiley I know alot of people who have spent literally years trying to get placements which is really scary!

I keep looking for advertised positions but not having any luck there either sad smiley

Have to keep going tho and cross our fingers!

Kelly
SARAH CHURCHILL
September 06, 2009 10:01AM
Hiya.
I live in wales and my daughter applied for training places for about 9 months prior to her ending her 3 years at college...she couldnt find anything here. She then applied to several vets in the middlesex area where we have relatives....im pleased to report that she has now got a placement and starts this month.....just keep trying...its worth it in the end...
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU...!!!!
Steph R
September 06, 2009 06:05PM
Hello,

I now live in Devon and have just finished my a-levels and am now looking for a placement in vets practice to become a vet nurse. I can get onto foundation degree college course for veterinary nursing, I just need to find a placement. Has anyone got any tips for finding a placement ??

Thanks
Steph
beth chipperfield
February 02, 2010 12:00PM
i am also looking for a placment for more work experience and as a placement for when i go to uni, hopefully at harper adams starting in september. i live in reigate, surrey and have been going to priory vets in reigate, but they have no space.sad smiley so i was wondering if anyone could recommend any approved vet practises near me.
thank you smiling smiley
Kirsty Higginson
February 17, 2010 07:50PM
i have just finish college . I have applied to all the veterinary centres in my area south wales . But they said they are full . Have you got any ideas of where else i can try for a placement .

thanks
February 18, 2010 08:26AM
Hi,

Maybe any VNs reading this who know of a vacancy may contact you through this site.

W
C Foster
February 23, 2010 09:55AM
any information on veterinary practives which are taking on TVN's would be greaty appreciated. I have applied for MRCVS but unfortunately have had no luck on acceptance at the moment. Am very puzzled as to which course to now apply for as time is ticking on. How relevant would taking up an BSc in Animal science be, to get me onto an MRCVS course? Hampshire area, southampton, portsmouth, gosport etc. MUCH appreciated.
C.Foster
emu
May 09, 2010 12:11PM
I am looking for Trainee Veterinary Positions in South London,I am hoping to Start college in September to do the course. Please let me know if you know of any.
Gill32
May 16, 2010 09:33AM
I graduated with a BSc (hons) in Zoology in 2008. I always wanted a career in Veterinary so decided veterinary nursing so I posted off letters to all the TPs in Aberdeen/shire. I received some replies stating that there was no vaccancies at this time. I wrote again in 2009 trying to gain experience within these practices and enquiring about placement again but unfortunately they said they had nothing. In 2010 I applied to college and successfully received a conditional place, where the condition being...... securing placement! I applied to the practices again and received very rude letters back from some as if I was being a pest (under the direction of RCVS and the college to note my interest and place on a course!!) Now I have tried for 3 years looking to become a Veterinary Nurse, if anyone has any advise on what to do next I'd very much appreciate it!
jane nj
May 31, 2010 01:56PM
hi all,i had my place at bicton agricultaral college,devon, but couldnt get a trainee placement at any vet practice,its very competetive and very disheartening when you write 46 letters and get only 6 letters back with no placements available.am desperate to work in this line but if i cant get a placement what else can i do????
June 01, 2010 08:00AM
It is very difficult, I know, but you may do better than just to write a letter - Make your application as interesting as you can, stating all your interests - veterinary and otherwise - ask for an interview, and always enclose a stamped self-addressed envleope.
Do not give up hope - there are postions out there!
Taylor Cooper
June 01, 2010 10:40AM
Hello, I am looking for a student veterinary nurse position which I am finding very hard to get one. I live in the north west and wondering if anyone knows if there are any positions available in the north west.
Thankyou and good luck.
katie crew
June 08, 2010 01:56PM
Hi my names katie im just about to finish an animal management course at hadlow college i have been trying to find an vets to take me on for work exsperance all year but had no luck and now im coming to the end of my course i would really like a vets to train me up but im afraid that if i cant get work exsperance then how am i going to get a job iv been sending out letters but havent recived anything back so i was wondering what kind of thing do you put down when asking for a job in a vets is there anything in particular you need to say??
June 09, 2010 09:43AM
A course in spelling would be a good start. If you letters were drafted in the same form as your e-mail I would not give you a job either.
Maybe some other trainee VNs who have bben more successful may be able to advise you.
Zoe Boyes
April 13, 2011 09:39AM
Hi, my name is Zoe i am currently looking for a trainee veterinary nurse position in Hampshire. i have completed a national diploma in animal management at a triple distinction level, my course involved me carrying out work placements and i was very lucky and have gained 10 weeks work experience at 3 different veterinary practices. i have sent out 25 letters so far and i have had 11 replies saying they dont have any vaccines but would like to keep my C.V on there files. i was just wondering if anyone known of any trainee positions?

Any help would be great. Many thanks
kirsty higginson
May 09, 2011 06:24PM
Hi my name is kirsty I am looking for a student veterinary nurse position in Blackwood .I have completed two animal care courses
in college and have done a variety of work experience placements . I went to the pdsa in Cardiff for two weeks work experience .
I have sent out over 20 cvs and have had 12 back saying that they will keep my cv on file for couple of months . Have
anyone got any suggestions where any student veterinary nurse position are.

thanks
Hollie Marie Williams
May 11, 2011 01:37PM
Hello my name is Hollie marie williams i am currently studying level 3 national diploma in animal care management at Otley college. I am due to finish my course leaving with the equivelant of three A levels, but i am having a very big problem when it comes to finding a practice. I am looking for a practice in which could offer me a veterinary nurse training posistion and would be really greatfull for anyone who may be able to help me out, I live in colchester essex and am willing to travel any distance within reason. Wising everyone luck!
Emily Crosbie
June 10, 2011 12:17PM
Hi my name is Emily Crosbie and I am 19 years old. I have been looking for a position as a trainee vet nurse for some time now. Im just wondering if anyone can help me out , I live in warrington (north west) and am willing to travel up to an hour from here. I am looking for any work relating to animals at the moment to get some experience , I have always been around animals and have my own horse but I have no veterinary working experience. I would be very greatful for any help , Thanks Emily .
Briony
June 20, 2011 03:32PM
Hi there,
I am due to start Vet Nurse course full time at the North Highland College. I am looking for a full time placement in the Glasgow area, however have had no luck so far. Can anyone help?

Thank you
Briony
Sophie!
June 29, 2011 05:43PM
My name is Sophie, I was going to go to university but due to the course being cancelled I am now looking at my options and was wondering about a student veterinary nursing job. This is something i am passionate to do. I am willing to train at any hours and will work my hardest to do my best. I am 19 and would really appreciate the chance to be a part of a veterinary team and learn from them. I have 12 GCSE'S all above C, including maths, science and english.
I was just wondering which was the best way to get into veterinary nursing, apprenticeships, student/trainee learning, college or university. i live in birmingham and if anyone has any advice please email! x
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved