VetClick Discussion Forum

courses as a vet. nurse

Posted by jas 
jas
courses as a vet. nurse
November 01, 2006 10:25AM
i am 15 years old and have been looking at colleges that do courses that enable you to become a veternary nurse i have been to pulborough and they have a course there but do i need working in a practice in my first year and can you tell me any practices locally in the bn42 area willing to take me on? thx
Re: courses as a vet. nurse
November 01, 2006 10:47AM
Hi, Jas,
To use the immortal phrase used by Norman Tebbit ( probably before you were born) 'Get on your bike'!
Get addresses of all your local practices ferom Yellow Pages, prepare a list of your reasons for wanting to be a VN, telphone or write to all your local practices asking for an appointment, dress properly, remove any visible 'body piercings' and go out and sell your self. Volunteer to go in and help for no pay at weekends and school holidays ( that mught either change your mind or confirm that you really do want to work with animals)
Make sure by contacting the Veterinary Nursing Dept., The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, 64 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2AF that you are taking the right subjects at school to be able to satisfy their requirments.
Good luck!
W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved