VetClick Discussion Forum

Help on becoming a vet!

Posted by Katie1997 
Help on becoming a vet!
September 05, 2012 04:14PM
Hello,
I am in my last year of secondary school finishing up my GCSE's. I have taken Maths, Triple science, English, Geography, Spanish and also ICT, i am getting A*'s in maths and A/A*'s in my sciences with A/B's with English, Geography and Spanish - I was wondering if this is good enough? Also i have been looking at collages but i was wondering what A levels i should be choosing and also whether BTEC pre vet courses would be useful in my A levels?

Thanks a lot,

Katie
Querty
Re: Help on becoming a vet!
January 03, 2013 11:29AM
Hi Katie,

Trying to be a vet is a competitive job so you want GCSE's of mainly A* and A with the sciences being most important, mainly because this will help if unis get lots of applications with similar A levels. So your grades aren't anything to worry about. I don't know about BTEC courses but anything extra to add to your CV is good, as lot of getting into university is competing with other applicants and making sure you are noticeable, it probably won't have an effect on your A levels as everything you need will be covered in your courses- everyone says this but don't worry if you find AS levels hard to start with as it is a massive jump from GCSE, it is a lot of work.As for you A levels many of the universities ask for 3 sciences: Biology, Chemistry, physics and Maths all count as sciences at A level. Most places seem to look for 3 A levels and 1 AS level with grades between A*-B obviously with more A/A*s than Bs when picking your subjects it is the sciences which are the most important to get into uni and Russel Group Universities have been known to hold creative subjects such as Art in less regard than other more academic subjects.

Hope this helps and good luck <3
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved