VetClick Discussion Forum

Qualifications needed to be a vet

Posted by Melissa Jay 
Melissa Jay
Qualifications needed to be a vet
May 19, 2011 10:32AM
Hello,
In the future I plan to become a vet but i'm not sure what I will have to do once I leave school. I know I will have to attend college but i'm not sure which courses would be suitable and then I am not sure what I would have to do in university. I am interested in Marine Biology and Zooligy would doing a course on that be useful to me, and how would I do that course?

A bit about me:
I'm currently in Y9 moving into Y10 and have chosen my options at highschool. I will be doing the following GCSEs:
- English
- Maths
- Additional Maths
- Science Studies (Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
- Religious Education (It is compulsory for I attend a catholic school)
- French
- Preforming Arts
- Geography
- Art
- Music Technology (Technology was compulsory for my school is a technology college)

I have chose to do preforming arts and a language (french) for i believe that is well looked at for social skills and to be a vet I believe that you will need to interact with people.
for my work experience I will be sure to try and find a job animal related.
Geography and Art I have chosen for fall-backs incase I dont get the right grades for this job.

I am predicted to be a A - A* student.

Thankyou for your time,
Melissa xx
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved