VetClick Discussion Forum

Grades needed to be a vet

Posted by Me 
Me
Grades needed to be a vet
June 21, 2010 08:58PM
Heyy everyone, i'm hoping you could all help me out a bit. I am only 12 and my whole life i have wanted to be a vet and i am picking my options next year and i would like your advice on what to pick and that GSCE results i need and how long i would have to study at university. I would love to be a worldwide vet!! thanks everyone!.
sb
Re: Grades needed to be a vet
July 31, 2010 05:07PM
lol same but im lo/10
lauren
October 18, 2010 08:33PM
hey
i have got exacly the same dilema and im your age to but i live i spain so i have got an even bigger choice to make in that i may have to leave my family just to study

lauren
Hey
February 09, 2011 04:23PM
hiya
i am picking my options next year too. i dont have a clue what to take, all i no is you defo need some sort of science i might take business studies too. what do you think is right??????????
xx
March 20, 2011 05:16PM
The problem with wanting to be a vet is that there are so few places at university. That means that you need really good grades. At GCSE it is important you have a good spread of subjects but you must have maths, english and sciences. At A level you must have Chemistry and 2 of maths, physics and biology. The standard offer is AAB. That means lots of hard work at school. That is not enough because the universities need to know you know what being a vet is all about so you need to spend time on farms and in vet practices. Good grades are not enough.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved