VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Qualifications needed to become a vet

Posted by levi 
April 29, 2010 04:38PM
Hi
i am a year 11 student aspiring to become a vet, i was wondering if my grades would be good enough and my A level options are appropriate:

Biology-B (i was 2 marks from an A)
Physics - B( 1 mark from an A)
Chemistry -B
In my additional science i am predicted a A/B depending on if things go well
Maths i am currenty on a B but may be able to boost that to an A grade with my last module
english i am predicted an A/A*
PE GCSE predicted A
Spanish predicted B
IT- A/B

For my A levels i have chosen to do chemistry biology physics and PE are these appropriate to be able to become a vet?

Also i have grown up with animals all my life so i know what im doing especially around horses does that matter?

Thanks x
April 30, 2010 07:56AM
Hi,

IUf you can achieve straigh A s in your A levels I think that you would have a good chance of being considered fo a place at a UK university vet school.
If you are called for interview your work with animals will prove very useful. Be sure to emphasise it on your application.
May 01, 2010 08:20PM
Thankyou
I will be sure to try my best to achieve straight As
Im guessing I should mention on my application form that I am a RDA (Riding for the Disabled Association) volenteer and aid disabled people to learn how to ride. Ive been doing this from the age of 11 and have a partner I lead every saturday.
May 02, 2010 07:49AM
You should list ALL your animal-contact activites on your application forms.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved