VetClick Discussion Forum

GCSE's of Vet Students/Vets

Posted by Katie B 
Katie B
GCSE's of Vet Students/Vets
April 25, 2010 11:56AM
Hi,

I'm Katie and at the moment I'm doing my GCSE's.

My aim is to get into a Veterinary university which has been my lifetime goal, for this I have been working at a veterinary practice for 5 months (twice a week) as work experience.

But I am really intrigued at other veterinary students/vets results at GCSE's as a guideline for me. Please could you let me know what you got for GCSE's.

Thankyou
Re: GCSE's of Vet Students/Vets
May 04, 2010 09:38PM
7A*'s and 4 A's at GCSE
4A's and a B at A level.

and i'm off to Glasgow Vet School in September. hope that helps
May 06, 2010 06:11PM
Hi, this is very useful information i have not been told that those amount of A*'s at GCSE is mandatory , i have 4A*s nd 5A's with B's too- and will hopefulyl come out at A-Level with 4 A's in welsh bacc Biology Chemistry and psychology ?
May 07, 2010 08:55AM
I think that you will HAVE to have either Physics or Maths A level at A grade. Welsh and Psychology would not be accepatble alternatives
May 08, 2010 08:06PM
Sorry but just so you know for future posts from other young adults , Welsh bacc is not Welsh it is the Welsh Baccalaurette, whereby many universities , even Oxford accept as an A-grade at A-level, thanks.
May 10, 2010 09:40AM
lucy.orca Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, this is very useful information i have not
> been told that those amount of A*'s at GCSE is
> mandatory , i have 4A*s nd 5A's with B's too- and
> will hopefulyl come out at A-Level with 4 A's in
> welsh bacc Biology Chemistry and psychology ?

I never said you needed that many A*s! your subjects and grades sound fine. I was just informing people of my grades so they could see what sort of level you need to be at to be a successful vet applicant. Even then, I still didn't get into vet school first time around and am currently on gap year as I had to try again - thankfully it was worthwhile!
May 10, 2010 09:13PM
Thankyou smiling smiley , hope your having a great gap year and thanks for taking the time to help us potential veterinary students out, Lucy
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved