VetClick Discussion Forum

Confusing!

Posted by Loulou15 
Confusing!
March 30, 2010 06:17AM
Having done my GCSE's and A-levels 4 and 2 years ago respectively, I never really focused my efforts on science based courses etc. Something I much regret now I have decided on a career change. With this in mind what is my best options for getting into Veterinary Medicine? I am looking at doing a fast track in A-level Biology, i am currently enrolled on a distance learning level 3 diploma in Animal health. I am considering doing a distance learning course in Equine science(level 3) as well as an Advanced Diploma in Canine Behaviour and Management (Level 5). However before i spend ALOT of money on all these different diplomas i was wondering if anybody knew if these are widely accepted by Universities? I can only do distance learning at the moment because I am finishing off my current degree.

My degree although science related, does it demonstrate the capability to learn at a high level,considering i am precicted a 1st? I acknowledge however that Veterinary Medicine is extremely more difficult than my current degree (Egyptology and Ancient History).

I am looking at doing an Access to HE diploma in science or a National diploma in Animal Management. These two are mentioned on RVC website and Univeristy of Bristols website, well one on each. So it seems all Veterinary schools accept different qualifications, with A-levels still being the main factor in their decision. However i am stuck as to which one to do, seeing as they are accepted in different instituitions, any ideas???

I have e-mailed various Veterinary Faculties and can not seem to get an answer about the acceptance of these distance learning diplomas etc. They just link me on to the entry requirements pages on their websites, which then states that the University will consider various qualifications and i should e-mail for advise on what they accept. Quite a vicious circle!

I would appreciate any help and guidance as i have been wracking my brains the past couple of weeks as to what my best options are!

Thank you

Louise
Re: Confusing!
March 30, 2010 08:12AM
In my above message i meant to say my degree is not science related!

Thanks

Lou
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved