VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by amy lynn 
amy lynn
March 26, 2010 10:05PM
i am in 14 and in year 9 top classes for everything i am predicted to get all As and A* and i'm about to take my options. I am going to take triple science witch consists of chemistry, phisics and biology and gcse p.e and i dont know what else to take for my third option, Have you any ideas in what else i need to take like a language?
I am also taking gcse maths(1 gcse), gcse maths statistics(1 gcse), i.t (2 gcses), r.e (1 gcse).
also at college i am going to take chemistry biology and either phiscs or maths.
would this get me into a vet school? i was thinking of going to edinbourgh.
also do you know anyone who i can contact to who runs/owns a vets so i can go in and help out or watch the vet so i can get some experience during the holidays ?
March 27, 2010 09:37AM
Hi, Amy,

If you do succeed in getting Chemistry, Bilogy and Physics or Maths at A or A*, I think that you would have a very good cgance of getting into a UK vet school, though I believe that Edinburgh has a quota for applicants from England. A modern language is always a useful facility to have as an extra.

Do you have a pet? If so, you should first approach the veterinary practice which you take it to. Otherwise, get a Yellow Pages and go through the vets in youe area, starting with the ones nearest to you.

W

(PS Please learn how to spell PHYSICS ! )
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved