VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by Becky 
Becky
March 01, 2010 08:15PM
Hello, I know you must all be getting infuriated with all these repeptitive messages but I just wanted to check something. I am 13 and about to choose my GCSEs. I am not completely sure about my future career but I want to cover everypath and not 'close any doors', so to speak. I would be quite interested in being a wildlife vet and wondered if it was definate that you needed to take Physics as an option.

Thankyou for any replys, Becky.
March 02, 2010 08:59AM
Hi, Becky,

To get into a university veterinary school ( the only way to become a vet) in the UK you need Chemistry, Biology and Physics OR Maths Advanced level at A or A* grades.
One cannot study or qualify to be a 'wild-life' vet. One takes the degree in veterinary science and then gets a job in the field in which you r interest lies. There are very few 'wild-life' vets neded, and they all seem to appear on TV! I suspect that most of the quailify in South africa, where there is a world-famous veterinary school at Ondoorstepoort.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved