VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Qualifications needed to become a vet

Posted by pshiks 
pshiks
February 07, 2010 05:45PM
Hello
I'm a 23 year oldin Manchester uk. I've seriously been considering going back to college to re take maths and science so I'm able to go ahead and apply for a vet course.

I have had a look at different options and the 2 which stand out are vet nurse and vet surgeon... The thing is the vet nurse course is4 years too but I can't seem to find much info on vet science. Is vet science the route for vet surgeon? It doesn't seem ver clear. Also, what kind of job optionscan you expect to go into with vet nursing course apart from the vet nurse position

thank you
February 08, 2010 10:24AM
Hi,

There is a big difference bewtween veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing.
The entry requirements for the 5 + years full-time veterinary course at a University veterinary school are very high, though as a .mature student. you might get some allowance made. Write to the admissions department at the various UK vet schools and enquire. (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Nottingham,Cambrdige, Bristol and London).
A VN qualification may be acquired by working in a veterinary practice which is a registered with the RCVS as a 'VN Training Establishment' and part-time study, or by attending one of the Colleges which provide a full-time VN cousr.
For more details, contact the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons - VN Department www.rcvs.org.uk.

W
amy purcell
March 29, 2011 01:04PM
can a vet nurse become a vet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved