VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Qualifications needed to become a vet

Posted by NathanParsons 
NathanParsons
February 03, 2010 06:25PM
Why do you need such a high grade in maths GCSE in becoming a vet.I want to become a vet but I find maths difficult, this is making me loose confidence. Is there any advice
you can offer me with this problem? Thanks
February 03, 2010 07:48PM
Hi, Nathan,

The high grades in Chemistry, Biology and Physics/Maths required by the veterinary schools is a way of selecting entrants to the veterinary course - the pressure of applicants is very high, several applicants for every available place, and by setting the entrance requirements in Chemistry, Biology and Maths/Phsics so high, a fair degree of selection takes place without the University having to select and interview would-be students.
Because the vet schools are so selective, and only the best-performing students are offerred places, the standards of the pre-clinical subjects taught is correspondingly high, and only those capable of achieving high results in their A levels are likely to be able to succeed..

W
Nathanparsons
February 03, 2010 11:05PM
Thanks for that I now understand what the maths was for, I'm just gonna have to do my best! Do you know any jobs/careers I could get envolving animals and earn good pay by any chance? Thanks
February 04, 2010 09:58AM
I do not know of ANY highly paid jobs working with animals - if I did I would be in there!

W
Nathanparsons
February 04, 2010 04:20PM
Ok then.it's just that I'm thinking of a career at the moment and do not have a clue.I thought about an animal career and fond this site. I'm hoping to use my science knowledge in a future career.I got A couple of other questions.... Does working as a zoo keeper require a lot of qualifications? And do you think working with the RSPCA or something along those lines Is good to get in to? Thanks for your help.
February 04, 2010 04:43PM
Hi,

I cannot help you much with either of these, I am sorry.

W
Nathanparsons
February 04, 2010 05:36PM
Ok then thanks I can't expect you to know everything.Thanks again for helping,If I think of anything related to the vet subject I will message you straight away!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved