VetClick Discussion Forum

Options HELP

Posted by Freyaa 
Freyaa
Options HELP
January 31, 2010 06:40PM
Hey

I live in England and really need help picking my options. You already have to take English, maths, science, ICT, business and r.e. Im really good in English Maths and science, and i LOVE animals and have always wanted to get into a vetinary job. I don't know what else to take and what grades to get in everything, and what grades at least to get into a college when in 18+. I am really pationate in biology and vetinary surgon/nurse or pathologyst is my top jobs PLEASE HELP smiling smiley

Thank you
Freya
Re: Options HELP
January 31, 2010 07:09PM
Hi, freyaa,

For a start you should learn how to spell VETERINARY !

All the information you ask for you will find in other posts on this site above.

w
Freyaa
Options HELP
February 01, 2010 03:49PM
Hello

I know that I COULD look on other posts but im taking my options TOMORROW so I really need to know what to take. I want to do a diploma called Environmental and land based studies, and do you start as a veterinary nurse then progress ( If you wish) to a surgon? HELP

Thank you
Freya
Re: Options HELP
February 01, 2010 04:26PM
There is no point in studying to become a veterinary nurse then going on to university to take a veterinary degreee.
To get into a university veterinary school in the UK you HAVE to have A levels at A or A* grades in Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Maths.
At O level you should opt for these and a selection of other subjects such as english and a foreign language too.

W

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved