VetClick Discussion Forum

A level choices?

Posted by Sophie_L 
A level choices?
January 26, 2010 05:29PM
Hey,
I'm currently choosing my a-level options. I have already decided to take Biology, Chemistry and Maths - (i have already gained an A* in maths as i took it early, and I am aiming for A/A* in Biology/Chemistry at GCSE level).

However i also have the option of taking a 4th subject to study to AS level. Is it best to take physics? Or would it be ok to take a less science related subject such as Geography/Drama/English Lit?

I would really like to become a vet and i would not want to let myself down with a poor subject choice. I believe that several of the universities do not want you to give up "worthy persuits" such as drama in your free time, but when it comes to qualifications is it ok to take a less "academic" subject?

thanks xx
Re: A level choices?
January 26, 2010 06:22PM
Hi, sophie,

You certainly have what it takes,

I understand that either Physics or Maths, along with Chemistry and Biology at A level is sufficient to getbyou into vet school as long as the grades are good enough, so it is a personal choice.
A subject from a non-scientific range does help to broaden your education which is no bad thing.
Most of todays vet and medical graduates are technically qualified but thay are not educated in any real sense of the word!

w
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved