VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a veteruinary behaviourist

Posted by Chris 
Chris
December 03, 2009 09:29AM
Hey

I want to become a Veterinary Behaviorist. I need to know want one must do to achieve this goal. i was reading on the internet that one must take 4 years of College and 4 additional years of Veterinary Medicine. I want to know if I have to do those 8 years the more years to specialize in that area? What do i have to do???

I appreciate your help
Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2009 10:17AM by Walter Beswick.
December 03, 2009 10:27AM
Hi,

You can become an Animal Behaviourist without having to qualify as a veterinary surgeon - a very much more difficult qualification to obtain.
Veterinary Behaviourists are veterinary surgeons who have undertaken more study in the field of animal behavior. You do not need to do that.

One of the leading animal beahiourists in the UK is Dr Roger Mugford, who does not have a veterinary qualification, and if you visit his web site at www.companyofanimals.co.uk ( I think) you will find quite a lot of information, and I am sure that they will be willing to give you advice about training as a behaviourist.

W
December 03, 2009 10:28AM
Hi,

You can become an Animal Behaviourist without having to qualify as a veterinary surgeon - a very much more difficult qualification to obtain.
Veterinary Behaviourists are veterinary surgeons who have undertaken more study in the field of animal behavior. You do not need to do that.

One of the leading animal behaviourists in the UK is Dr Roger Mugford, who does not have a veterinary qualification, and if you visit his web site at www.companyofanimals.co.uk ( I think) you will find quite a lot of information, and I am sure that they will be willing to give you advice about training as a behaviourist.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved