VetClick Discussion Forum

i want to be at veterinary surgeon

Posted by danielle 
danielle
i want to be at veterinary surgeon
September 20, 2009 09:38PM
hi sorry to bother you but i am 15 years old and i have wanted to be a vetinarian surgeon since i was six years old i only have 1 year left at school i have been to a vetinary place fo my work experience and i have seen operations and castrations that they had to do to the animals to keep them healthy but what i wanted to know is what levels,grades do i need and what do i do when i leave school how do i start working up to being this surgeon i would be grateful for some helpful advice in helping me know what i have to go through or do to become this vet sergeon it as i absolutely love animals and would love to help them out xthank you xxx
Re: i want to be at veterinary surgeon
September 21, 2009 07:39AM
Hi, Danielle,

I am sorry if I seem to be pedanatic, but your first step is to learn how to spell 'VETERINARY' !

You must go to a University veterinary school - that is the only way to become a veterinary surgeon. The veterinary course is one of the most difficult to get into and oe of the most dificult to follow. It is full time for five years, and the degree you obtain at the end of your studies entitles you to become a Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons,, and then you may work as a vet.
If you look elsewhere on this site you will see details of requirements at O and at A levels.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved