VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: MATURE STUDENTS / VET CAREERS

Posted by veterinary 
veterinary
September 08, 2009 11:07PM
hi i adore animals n want a career working with them , its an ideal job for me,i want to go nto veterinary but dont no how to get there, i didnt do science as a subject for the leaving cert and people tell me this will go against me, which i hope wont. does ne1 no how i get there without having to go back to school... im 26, thanks in advance fi
September 09, 2009 08:16AM
Hi,

I am sorry to have to disppoint you, but you do not have an earthly chance of getting into a University veterinary school without a science qualification, and the only way of becoming a vet is to go to University and get a degree in veterinary science.
You may be able to study for a qualification in veterinary nursng, and if you go to www.rcvs.org.uk and look up veterinary nursing, you will find what the requirements are for that. Theye are not as stringent as for a vet.

W.
Andy H
September 18, 2009 01:30PM
Hey Fi

All is not lost. some vet courses will accept an access to HE (higher education) science course or you can go back to school and have a go at your A levels. Funding may come from your own pocket and it takes a while however if you really want it... why not have a go.

Andy
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved