VetClick Discussion Forum

Are my grades good enough to stand a chance?

Posted by R. Roberts 
R. Roberts
Are my grades good enough to stand a chance?
August 31, 2009 09:22PM
Hi,

I'm 16 and i have just recieved my GCSE results, i must admit that i'm not particulary happy with what i got. I took 14 GCSE's and i have always wanted to become a vet from a very young age.

Results:
Biology - C
Chemistry - C
Physics - C
Maths - C
Statistics - C
Geography - B
History - B
English Literature - B
English Language - B
ICT - A
Citizenship (Short Course) - A
RE (Short Course) - B
Textiles - A
Child Development - A*

I am planning on staying on at school to do my A levels. I am planning to take chemistry, biology, and Geography at AS and A2 level and i am going to take maths at AS level. I understand that vet schools want AAA and some AAB at A level therefore if i gained a lot of work experience in vet surgeries, kennels, stables, farms etc and managed to gain these results at A level as well as gaining other experience through volunteer work with people to show my communication skills.

I have applied to one vet school open day so far, however when more vet schools release the dates of their open days i will most definatley apply for these open days also. I am truly passionate to become a vet and I am going to put 110% effort into getting my A level grades.

would i still have a chance of being accepted into vet school?
Re: Are my grades good enough to stand a chance?
September 01, 2009 07:23AM
Hi,

With the benefit of hind-sight you might jave been better off takking fewer GCSEs and getting better grades, but it is too late to think about that now.

If you achieve straight A or A* in your selection of A levels, however, I think you should not rule out the possibility of getting a place at one of the UK vet schools.
Have you thought of the school in Granada which is now offering pre-clinical places to UK students, who then go on to clinical studies in the UK?

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved