VetClick Discussion Forum

change of career...vet nurse

Posted by AbbieLynn 
change of career...vet nurse
August 28, 2009 07:21AM
Hello! I'm 34 and live in Leeds. I'm very interested in the possibility of becoming a vet nurse and appreciate i'll have to do some intensive training but what i'm asking is...is it a viable option for me considering my age and lack of experience. I volunteer at an animal shelter and help out at my riding school but employment wise my background is the arts and then disability advice work. I'm currently on the verge of losing my job and wish to seriously consider training to become a vet nurse. Is it a pipe dream? Grateful Thanks! smiling smiley
Re: change of career...vet nurse
August 28, 2009 08:58AM
Hi,

If you are sufficiently desirous of achieving your ambition to be a veterinary nurse, you should be able to make it.
If you wish to qualify as a 'Registered Veteinary Nurse' you will need to study for and pass the RCVS Nursing Examinations whlst working in a recognised VN training centre.

For more information contact the RCVS -www.rcvs.org.uk.

Good luck!

W
Re: change of career...vet nurse
August 28, 2009 01:52PM
Thanks Walter! Appreciate that...i'll get onto the RCVS!

Abi
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved