VetClick Discussion Forum

Disadvantage?

Posted by EmilyP 
Disadvantage?
May 31, 2009 08:22PM
Hi, i'm a 19yr old gap yr student and have always wanted to be a vet but never did the correct A levels as my parents thought i would be better off to study languages (i studied french, spanish and english). I've just returned from travelling to realise that this is not what i want to do and i must follow my dream. I'm going back to college this yr to study chem, bio and maths A levels. I have plenty of work experience with farm and equine and have small practice and exotic animal work lined up. I did separate science for my GCSE's and achieved 1A*, 2A's and 6B's in a range of subjects. Is it true that these days you have to have at least all A's at GSCE as the competition is so tough? And do you think I'm already at a disadvantage as I went a different route early on?
Emily
Re: Disadvantage?
June 01, 2009 08:51AM
Hi, Emily,

I woulad advise you to enquire of the different veterinary schools in England if you live in England, and Glasgow and Edinburgh if you live in Scotland, detailing your situation, asking if they would be prepared to consider you in a couple of years time if you were able to offer Chemistry Biology and Maths A levels at the right grades.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved