VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Veterinary work experience over the summer

Posted by jess 
jess
April 10, 2009 03:21PM
Hi my name is Jessica, i am nearly and live in Liverpool. I have a strong passion for animals and have wanted to be a vet since i was 4 yrs old. I have chosen my options and have looked up what i need to be a vet. I have disovered that you have to show your eagerness for the job bescause it is difficult to get into, so i decided to start young. The PDSA or the Dogs Trust does not do work experience so i was wondering if you would have any other ideas. Thank you. X
April 10, 2009 03:39PM
Hi, Jessica,

You are nearly what?

If you are still at school - and I guess that you must be - the work experience you need at this stage is in kennels, on a farm, at a stables and so on. Experience in a veterinary practice comes later, though if you have a local veterinary practice which you attend with an animal of your own, they may be able to direct you to where you can get a voluntary job working with animals.

W
Chayton Kent
April 11, 2009 10:23AM
Hi, I am 14yrs old and I live in Eastbourne. I was wondering if there was anywhere in the Sussex area that there was any work experience I could do to help me become a veterinary surgeon. I am a very keen person and would work hard. I have two cats and had a dog, who sadly passed away last year, of whom I loved to look after. I would like to go to the Royal Veterinary College in London and was wondering what they look for on a CV. Thank you, Chayton Kent
April 11, 2009 12:02PM
Hi, Chayton,

There is animal welfare charity home in your area - Raystede at Ringmer, near Lewes - which may welcome voluntary help in school vacations.

W
kauthar
June 29, 2009 04:18PM
hello am kauthar and am 15 years old and i love animals since i was a little girl theres isn't any animal in the world that can scare me except some spiders,i was hoping if you can help me do some work expreince with animals, animals tend to love me so it wont be a problem
Olivia
September 28, 2009 02:25PM
Hi. I'm 15 and I wanted to be a vet for years now. I was wondering if there was anywhere in West Yorkshire where I could do some work experience to become a vet. I am very keen with all animals and would love to work as a zoo vet when I am older. Thank you
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved