VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by katiie 
katiie
March 08, 2009 01:06PM
heyah x

i am 14 years old and i would like to know what opcions i will have to take to become a vet.
i have already handed my opcions sheet in i have took ( history,buisness studies,p.e & spanish)
i dont know if those subjects would be of any help.
I have wanted to be a vet ever since i was 3 so i really want to stick to it.
I was also wondering if when im in year 10 if i can do my career work in a vets but i will only be 14 or 15 is that age ok.

please if you could get back A.S.A.P i need to know so that i can change my opcions if necesary.

thank you
katie
x x
March 08, 2009 06:23PM
Hi,
The options you mention will be of no use to you whatever.
The vet course at university is one of the most difficult to get into.
You will need three sciences in GCSE O levels - Chemistry, Biology and Physics, andthe dame ( or Maths instead of Physics at Advanced level) to A or A*

W
David Singleton
March 15, 2009 03:45PM
Hey katie,

Are those subjects in addition to triple science, maths and english at GCSE? If they are, then they are as good as any to be honest!

You are legally allowed to help/see practise at a veterinary surgery (inc. other places too BTW) when you are 14 - this is the lowest age limit and I would recommend seeing practise ASAP. If you leave it longer you simply will not have enough time between now and application to get enough experience without sacrificing your studies. I started at 14 and still had to take a gap year to get enough experience - it is really, really difficult to cram it all in!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved