VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: becoming a vet

Posted by Jess 
Jess
February 19, 2009 12:35AM
Hi my name is jess, I live in Canada and I am 18 years old, I really want to become a vet but im not good in math and some science courses. Do i have to take all three science courses or can i just take biology? Also do i have to have math?
February 19, 2009 08:49AM
Hi, Jess,

I am not certain about entry requirements to veterinary school in Canada, but I would expect Chemistry and Biology to be essential, and possible Physics too.
Why not enquire from the Admissions Office at your nearest vet school, or you may even get some information from their web site.

W
Jes Mavica
February 19, 2009 01:57PM
Hi my name is Jessica Mavica and I'm 19 years old. I live in berkshire in th uk and am currently finding it very hard to get into a veterinary medicine degree course. I am finishing my BTEC National Diploma in Animal Management this year and am a bit nervous on what to do next. Having lived in Italy for 17 year of my life I didnt get the opportunity to do my GCSE's and am now seeing how difficult it is to do anything withou them. Do you have any suggestions to what I might be able to do. I have a the moment got a conditional offer from nottingham univeristy for animal science and another from plymouth uni for marine biology but they realy are not appealing at all. Due to my age I have been told to get on with it and do the animal science degree but as I said it really is not what I want to do. I have thought that maybe by taking a year out next year gettin all the experience needed and get the GCSE's and A levels needed that there would be more of an oppurtunity. Any help given is appreciated as at the moment I could really do with some positive guidance.
Thanks for your time

Regards
Jesica Mavica
February 19, 2009 05:19PM
Hi, Jess,

I think that you will probably have to take your GCSEs and get a good grade before you will be accepted into any UK vet school.
Write to the Admissions Secretary at each of the schools and ask what the requirements would be. If you have any school exam results from Italy e.g a Baccalaureate, ask if they would be considered.

W
sarah1989
April 24, 2009 03:03AM
Hi Jess,
I am curently in your situation but am finishing my btec in animal management next year, i was just wondering if you had had any luck in finding a university so that you could get to study veterinary medicine. Please do let me know and also what universities you have had the best responces from.
Thanks and good luck
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved