VetClick Discussion Forum

Work experiance

Posted by Samantha 
Samantha
Work experiance
February 10, 2009 06:45PM
Hi I'm having a problem getting work expericance to become a vet in my area, i live in newcastle england. I am going into college at the end of this school year and am 15. The only problem is that the animal shelters and farms in my area only accept volunteers over 18. I was wondering if you had any ideas about places that i could get my experiance with who accept 16 year olds.
Re: Work experiance
February 10, 2009 09:52PM
Hi, Samantha,

i suspect it is Health and Safety fears that are making it difficult to get work experience with animals.
Do you have a dog or your own - if so the veterinary practice you attend may be able to put you in touch with someone.

W
Andrew and Kate Sutton
Re: Work experiance
February 22, 2009 10:29PM
Hi Samantha

We are now into our 11th year of having students on our farm over the lambing season and have had ones that have been as young as you. They have then come back year after year.
We are a family farm in Cumbria with three young children and students live with us in the farm house with their meals provided and washing done for them.

We know that it is important for students to get experience before applying to higher education.

We still have 1 vacancy available for this season.

Please contact us on 07974700061

Andrew and Kate
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved