VetClick Discussion Forum

im really confused PLEASE help....5 days away..!!!

Posted by sian 
im really confused PLEASE help....5 days away..!!!
January 16, 2009 09:06PM
hii my name is sian and im in year 9 im 13 and now my options eveing is in 5 days and the only option which i know to take is triple science(biology.chemistry and physics) ive got 2 questions i NEED answering urgently so my head might become a bit clearer

1) what grade do i need in science to become a vetinary surgeon

and

2) what other options do i need to take apart from triple science...

PLEASE write back ASAP because it is only in 3 days/....
thanks ....x
Re: im really confused PLEASE help....5 days away..!!!
January 16, 2009 09:32PM
Hi Sian,

I am sure that some student reading this will be able to give you better advice than I can - I am probably out of date.
You are right in thinking that triple science is essential and you need to get the best possible grades, especially, I believe, in Chemistry. I do not think that the selection of other subjests at this level is important as long as you do not do'Mickey Mouse' subjects. English and a foreign language are very useful.
I suggest that you also learn how to spell VETERINARY correctly!.

W.
Saph
Re: im really confused PLEASE help....5 days away..!!!
January 17, 2009 09:02PM
Hi,

Triple science at GCSE is definatly an advantage as you cover more which helps you later at A level
You need to be getting A/A*'s in them

I would suggest picking other subjects that give you a broad range of skills but make sure these are not what the papers would call soft subjects, i supported by application with ICT German and Music.

Your English and English Literature should also be as strong and your maths no lower than a B, again prefrably at A/A*
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved