VetClick Discussion Forum

Is veterinary medicine good profesion?

Posted by olly 
olly
Is veterinary medicine good profesion?
January 06, 2008 10:26AM
I`m going to study veterinary,but my family say that it isn`t good profesion.What do you think?
Re: Is veterinary medicine good profesion?
January 06, 2008 11:51AM
You just go ahead and do what you want to do.
It is YOUR life, not your family's.
January 16, 2008 06:55AM
There is nothing more satisfying than helping and child, elderly person, or a animal those that cannot speak for themselves. If it's in your heart to be a vet then by all means do so. God only knows we need more people like you.
Good Luck
May 27, 2008 08:22AM
Hi Olly, Nice to (Meet?) You.
hmm, you know, i'm Vet Student in INdonesia, you Know that,in My Nation, a Veterinarian Have a Vision as "Manusya Mriga Satwa Sewaka", it means : make peoples Wealth, by make animals health.
it's a good Profession, it's also good as doctor (Human) 's Do, because we also make somebody "Health" by make them happy to live near the animals.
May 28, 2008 03:17PM
Hi Olly,

I have just finished an Arts degree which I have found difficult to do purely because it wasn't my 'dream', vet school is.

If I could go back to your age (which I'm guessing is school or 6th form) and advise myself I would of gone for it.

What don't your parents approve of? It would be beneficial to have their support from the start but you may find you'll have to 'earn' it by going out and doing it off your own back; once they see how demanding the course is and how much you are dedicated to it they will hopefully change their minds. :-)

Alex xx
May 28, 2008 06:39PM
Hi, Alex,

"Would of gone for it" and you have an Arts degree!!!!!!!!!

W
May 28, 2008 08:55PM
Sorry Walter, didn't think a forum would be so formal...

"I would of gone for it" was chosen to be 'informal' to encourage Olly rather than alienate - especially as he/she is about to (presumably) embark upon a rather academic life journey.

Alex x
May 29, 2008 07:24AM
Hi, Alex,

I do not think you got my point - "would of" is totally meaningless - what you meant, I think was "would have".
That is not just academic - it is such a basic lack of knowledge of the English language in an Arts graduate that I find unbelieveable.
I know that grammar is not fashionable in schools in the UK nowadays, but a graduate using such slipshod English!
Or am I just becoming an old fogey?

W
May 29, 2008 11:41AM
I guess you're being an old fogey Walter ;-) x
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved