VetClick Discussion Forum

I want to be a real vet nurse!!

Posted by edelweiss 7 
I want to be a real vet nurse!!
September 08, 2005 09:06PM
I am 31, I am a French qualified veterinary nurse looking for a vet nurse position in UK where I would be given opportunities to do more nursing and less reception duties as I have been doing for the last few years. I have only six month post-graduate experience as a real vet nurse : I worked as vet nurse in Salisbury and I really enjoyed that work experience because despite my lack of experience in theatre work and nursing I had been given a chance to show what I was capable of.
But now I am stucked, I am not satisfied with my job (veterinary receptionist/secretary) and I am looking for help!!! I would like to work and train at the same time. I haven't practised for many years and I don't feel confident about my skills. I feel I have forgotten so much in 3 years and I can't even remember my courses!!
Do you think it is possible for me to get back into nursing ? Would I have to train?
Do you think that CPD can be a solution?
Re: I want to be a real vet nurse!!
October 14, 2005 03:06PM
Hi, Edelwess 7,

Post your details on the Veterinary Staff page on this site - go to vetclick.com and look at the box on the left side. Click on Veteriany Staff.

There several vacancies for Veterinary Nurses advertised in the Veterinary Record, and several agencies who place nurses with vet practices - eg info@rigvets.co.uk, www.northernlocumagency.co.uk, jobs@locumconnections.com, www.shonahostler.co.uk

Give them all atry.

Walter Beswick
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved