VetClick Discussion Forum

things to get before getting a puppie.

Posted by mary 
things to get before getting a puppie.
August 08, 2005 10:45PM
Hi,

Can anyone give me tips of how to take care of a puppie and what things ill need such as food toys bedding and little jumpers for the winter! plz help it will be much apreciated.

Thanks mary.

thank you very much.
Lyn Cox
Re: things to get before getting a puppie.
April 04, 2006 08:23PM
Hi there - only just found this forum - please email me if you want any advice - I work with many rescue charites and pick up the sad cases after people have bought puppies with such high expectations and sadly because of lack of understanding end up with an out of control monster. If you want any advice please don't hesitate to email me.

Good luck with your puppy - Lyn
michelle
hi could you help me my puppy is 4 months old and is still half the time doing his business near back door even when door is open. thanks michelle
May 02, 2006 08:20PM
Lyn Cox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi there - only just found this forum - please
> email me if you want any advice - I work with many
> rescue charites and pick up the sad cases after
> people have bought puppies with such high
> expectations and sadly because of lack of
> understanding end up with an out of control
> monster. If you want any advice please don't
> hesitate to email me.
>
> Good luck with your puppy - Lyn

May 03, 2006 08:13AM
Hi, Michell,
I asuggest that if your pup always poos in the same place just inside the door, always lay a page of newspaper there, and when he is accustomed to go to the newspaper to poo, move it a few inches every couple of days until you have it outside. When he is accustomed to going on the paper, take some with you every time you go out, put it where you want him to perform, and give him lots of praise every time he gets it right.
Whatever you do, do not punish him for pooing just inside the door - 4 months is very young to expect him to be house-trained.
Walter
Susan
May 30, 2006 08:01PM
Mary,
I have puppy experiance .... Plenty of chew toys!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved