VetClick Discussion Forum

Spain

Posted by Healthypets 
Healthypets
Spain
June 11, 2007 06:46PM
Hi there, with the ever growing population of expats here in Spain can anyone tell me why we have a lack of British Vets willing to take the plunge and open a practise here? There are many Dutch and German vets but each of the Costas are calling out for a decent small animal vet, and especially a decent Horse vet etc from the UK, When it comes to vet care the Spanish are good but the British people really could do with an English Speaking vet especially in the Costa Blanca. The German and Dutch vets are going backwards and forwards to their homelands and increasing their training and knowledge to keep up with the ongoing population of expats from their countries arriving !
Re: Spain
June 12, 2007 07:38AM
How about it! Any new graduates in the UK wanting to take up this challenge?
November 19, 2007 12:32PM
Funnily enough, this is exactly where I want to work when I'm older!
I hope to be nearly fluent by the time I finish my A levels and then keep studying it during my vet sci degree (if all goes to plan)
Being a vet in Spain is my ideal job, hopefully the demand for them will still be as strong in however many years time!
Hannah
Carlos
May 08, 2008 05:23PM
Hi Everybody,
This is Carlos, a spanish vet and all I can say is....ARE YOU CRAZY???
Being a vet in Spain is not like being one in The UK. People does not respect us here and the salary you can earn is ridiculous (after years of experience salary is in the range of 900-1200 € / monthly, which is about 800 Pounds) because people here is not used to pay for health (for people`s health care being free) and they think that we should work just for passion. Besides we have to do almost all of the nurses job as long as in most of the practices here there is no one. I am 6 years experienced, most as an A&E vet so I know what I am talking about.It is so this way that I myself am trying to find the way to move to the UK but I am not sure that my english would be good enough, but if anyone wants to offer me a job... I would love to get the plain.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved