VetClick Discussion Forum

VET NURSING JOBS IN ITALY

Posted by rpalella 
VET NURSING JOBS IN ITALY
May 23, 2007 05:49PM
Hi, My name is Rebecca. I was just wondering how i would find out if there are any vet nursing jobs in Italy and if you know of any contacts??? even websites that i could try? Also, would you know of who to contact to find out if my qualification is acceptable in italy? I finished my qualification 1 and a half years ago and i have been working as an emergency and critical care nurse here in Australia, Queensland in a town called BRISBANE. I have recently visited my family in italy and would like to live there for a couple of years and still do what i love to do best - look after injured and sick animals.
Re: VET NURSING JOBS IN ITALY
December 01, 2007 01:30PM
Dear Rebecca, I'm Miriam an italian vet and I've got my own practice. The veterinary reality in Italy is...so bad that you can't imagine! The figure of vet nurses doesn't exist, and the job here is difficult for different reasons:

1) too many vets (we are 25000 in a italian population of 60 millions)
2) pet insurence doesn't exist (also becouse there is no pet culture)
3) people doesn't have money / doesn't want to spend for animals

Here doesn't exist real animal protection. Every day I crash against ignorance and cruelty to animals. How is vet job in Italy, if I've got to spend my heart trying to convince a owner of a pug to operate the piometra that it's killing her? How can I love to work in Italy if I receive phone calls to run to "finish" with euthanasia a dog that the owner try to kill with a thrashing on his head and becouse it doesn't work well he calls you saying "I don't want to put the dog alive in the hole that I've prepared"?

It's also true that I've got also normal people that come and give me satisfaction. My english husband and me decided to come to live in England,perhaps next spring we will be there.
I don't know if you understand italian. The site you can visit are www.enpav.it
www.scivac.it www.anmvi.it

If you need any question this is my email address mcvet@tiscali.it
Sorry for my English, I've got to improve it!

Good luck! Think well about your idea to come to live in Italy...

Miriam
Maggie Austin
Re: VET NURSING JOBS IN ITALY
August 12, 2012 10:14AM
Hello,

There is a good possibility of a private job for my westie who has developed facial nerve syndrome and has regular fits. It may only be short term, maximum 3 months maybe, it depends how it goes with benny,

Best wishes,

Maggie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved