VetClick Discussion Forum

Will I be able to watch in surgery?

Posted by OliviaSarah 
Will I be able to watch in surgery?
June 10, 2011 07:16PM
Hi, I'm Olivia, and I'm 13. I'm very interested in becoming a vet, and I really believe that I can. I've asked around for some work experience at all of my local vets, but because I'm under 18, in order for me to be able to be there as anything other than a client, then the whole of the staff would need to be CRB checked, which they do not have the time or the money to do, apparently (there is also the insurance etc.)

Anyway, in a few months, my 2 year old Labrador is going to be spayed (we where planning on breeding from her, but she has had recent health issues). I was just wondering if it was worth asking if I could stay in surgery and watch. I know it's a lot to ask, particularly at my age but it's something I really really want to do, and would gain a lot from.

So does anyone have any experience about the subject? Thanks x
Re: Will I be able to watch in surgery?
June 12, 2011 07:13AM
There is no harm in asking but I suspect the answer may be the same re CRB checks, although the rules may be slightly different for a one-off. Best of luck.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved