VetClick Discussion Forum

The recruitment world has realised a hidden potential (profit) in the recruitment of Veterinary staff.

Posted by carol moore 
carol moore
The recruitment world has realised a hidden potential (profit) in the recruitment of Veterinary staff.
February 09, 2006 12:43PM

I had the unfortunate meeting with one such company, claiming to be the "new" revolution to Veterinary recruitment, masses of support and "real" veterinary pre-selection.

Beware, this company is no-more than a get-rich-quick scheme by the managers - who want to drive off into the sunset in their BD9s in 2 years (and don't care about how they get there - as the MD told me).

They advertise pre-selection by vets and veterinary trained staff - but in reality - they are no more than a small company of ordinary recruiters, who are having training from a vet - so that they know a few "buzz words". Admittedly they have used a vet to pre-select some of their CVs (although this is only one vet, and because they are a new company with no experience of veterinary recruitment).

As for the masses of support they say they have - there is none.

It is unfortunate that anyone can now set up in a grubby serviced office and proclaim themselves to be the "best" in whatever they are trying to sell. The reality is - unless you check them out fully - you may be better off doing it yourself...or at least working with a company that is not trying to con its way into winnning 70% of the market share.

Re: The recruitment world has realised a hidden potential (profit) in the recruitment of Veterinary staff.
February 24, 2006 10:44PM
Thanks for the warning, Carol. It makes me very relieved I am a one vet practice, with no VNs, so don't have to worry about recruitment!

Incidentally, excuse my ignorance, but what is a BD9?
jenvn
Re: The recruitment world has realised a hidden potential (profit) in the recruitment of Veterinary staff.
February 16, 2007 07:57PM
Hi Can yu say which company it was so we are pre-warned>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved