VetClick Discussion Forum

What's wrong with my cat?

Posted by Kathleen Allden 
Kathleen Allden
What's wrong with my cat?
April 17, 2007 08:47PM
Can someone tell me whether there is something wrong with my Cat. Over the last couple of days her apetite hasn't been very good and she seems to want to go out a lot for short periods. Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!!!
Nichole
Re: What's wrong with my cat?
May 11, 2008 03:59PM
my cat is losing wait, walks with her tail between her legs, and is unsteady. She is nine years old, house cat, siamese. Whats wrong with her?
May 11, 2008 06:57PM
Hi, Kathleen and Nicole,

Sorry, but no-one could make a daignosis of what is wrong with your cats with such a short descriprion on the signs. Both need a full examination by a vet to find out what the problem may be. W
kaila
May 29, 2008 10:58PM
my cat is one year old and gets in alot of fights, one day he came home and he got a bad cut on his tail, a few days later it got worse and this stiff white stuff started to come out of it. i told my dad he siaid that it was in fected and didn't care about it after word. now it a week later and i just got home from school a few houres ago, when i saw my cat sam his tail looked asif it was cut wide open. it also had this black and red stuff comeing out of it, and was bleeding really bad. the black stuff looks kind of sticky and the red stuff looks as if a cat just puked out its food. almost all the fur has also fallen off of his tail aswell, his tail is very sencitive and he wont let anybody touch it. what is wrong with my cat?
May 30, 2008 07:21AM
Hi, Kaula,

Your cat has had a bite from another cat which has gone very septic, and he needs urgent veterinary attention - it may already be too late to save his tail, but he really does need proper treatment.

W
jene
May 31, 2008 05:11PM
I think my cat may have been bitten in the back leg by the dog next door. He is unable to put his leg on the ground and although he is a very timid loving cat, he hisses if I try to look at it. It is not bleeding but is quite swollen mid way up joint.
He has only just recovered after having an op for hematoma last week, and he had an antibiotic on 24.5.08.
Should I take him to the emergency vet or leave it until Monday to see if the swelling goes down.
Although he is very presious to us, I have just paid out £350 last week and cannot really afford another larger bill now but obviously will if required.
May 31, 2008 09:14PM
Hi,

Are you sure he was bitten by the dog and not by a cat? A dog bite tends to be more lacerated than a cat bite, which results in a puncture would carrying infection under the skin.
I think you could probably leave it over the weekend - after your recent expense the extra cost of an emergency call would be an expense too far!

W
Nina
June 04, 2008 05:58AM
Hi,
My cat is 2 years old and he seems to be acting strangely. He didn't come home for two days then I found him at the bottom of the garden asleep. Brought him home and he won't eat or drink and is constantly crying. Also, where he has been lying I am finding small wet patches and he does not want to go out.
Please help!
June 04, 2008 07:16AM
Hi,

I am sorry, but I cannot make any suggestions as to what the trouble with your cat maybe.

You must get him seen by a vet as a matter of urgency.

W
Tricia Ives
June 22, 2008 07:18PM
my cat has been very listless for a couple of days, just wants to lay on the bed and is not eating or drinking. She is 8years old and is usually quite active. What is wrong?
Tricia
June 22, 2008 07:27PM
Hi, Tricia,

I am sorry but I cannot make a long-range diagnosis on such little information.
If she does not perk up quite soon - say a couple of days, you must take her to a vet.

W
steph
June 29, 2008 07:34PM
my cat is a female about 12 years old, she does not seem her self in the past week or so she seems very sad and her far seems to be dry, she does wash herself.
She is eating her food just the same but if i gave her a little of our food she dont want it, she dont play anymore which she loved she just is lying down most of the time, she as the run of the house and can go outside whenever she want 2, but she is just staying in the chair may b she as lost a little whigh but not 2 much 2 worry.
Please tell me what you think could be wrong with her
June 29, 2008 08:20PM
Hi, Steph,

I am sorry, but without a proper examination I am unable to make any suggestion as to what may be wrong with your cat - if she does not improve in a few days she should really be seen by a vet.

W
Deirdre
July 08, 2008 11:29PM
My cat is 14 years old. In good health until last 2 weeks. Poor appetite and retches frequently. Does not relax normally but crouches down as though uncomfortable. Blood tests are relatively normal - nothing significant. Have noticed him licking freshly hardened cement today. What do I do next - X-ray?
July 09, 2008 10:26AM
Hi,

You can only be guided by your vet who knows the cat and is familiar with his history.
You do not say which blood tests have been done - there are so many available and unless the vet makes a provisional diagnosis and then carries out the appropriate tests to confirm or refute his daignosis, 'normal' results are not of much help.

W
lauren
July 11, 2008 09:19PM
hi. my cat is nearly 2 years old, he stays out for a couple of days then comes home again. however he came home today and he keeps growling and going for things. this is very unusual as he is usually very sweet and wouldn't growl or even hurt a fly.
July 12, 2008 07:07AM
Hi,
Maybe he has been in a fight and has been severely frightened. Leave him in peace, and when he is ready, a bit of petting and affection.

W
kelly
October 06, 2008 08:43PM
hello, i hope you can help me i have a kitten she is 6 months old. since friday she has not been right, she has been in her bed and will not come out as she can't walk on her paws, when i have looked at them i have nocied that her pads are all falling off her paws and look very sore, she dose not want to eat, and is sleeping all day and night, what can be wrong with her .
October 07, 2008 07:07AM
Hi,

Do you have an electric hotplate she could have walked over when it was hot? Or, she could have walked through some irritant liquid. Or, just possibly, it could be a virus infection she has acquired.
Best to get her seen by a vet as soon as possible. She is clearly in severe pain and needs treatment urgently.

W
amy
November 07, 2008 12:07AM
Hi i have 6 cats and the have been geting fat and pooping bad for a good while. But when there almost done pooping there is a little blood. Sometimes they throw up there food but just today one of my cats pooped in the floor and when i cleaned it up it was brown and looked like snot and it had the worst smell ever. Please help me i know they all need to go to the vet but i dont have the money right now but im worried because they just lay around all day NEED HELP BAD!!!
November 07, 2008 08:29AM
Hi,

This sounds like a feeding problem - if you knew they were getting too fat, why did you not change their diet sooner?

Starve them for 24 hours, and then reduce the amount of food you are giving them by 50%, and maybe try a change of food.

W
Alderton
November 09, 2008 10:31PM
Hi, our 7 month cat has suddenly started limping (?) and seems to be unable to put her front left paw down. She is perfectly happy to let me look at the leg and isn't showing any signs of being in pain, at different points in the day she is walking perfectly normally on it and then suddenly hopping from room to room? This has been going on for about 4/5 days- Do I need to take her to a vet?- everytime Ive made an appt she starts walking fine and Im sure reverts back to 'hopping' once Ive cancelled!
Your advice is appreciated, Many Thanks.
i dont care witch one
Whats wrong with my Outdoor Kitten?
November 09, 2008 11:06PM
My kitten is meowing for no reason
She is not eating
She sleeps a lot
She Will not stay outside
She Hurts
If your not holding her or something she is winning and crying!

Whats wrong with my Kitten?
November 10, 2008 10:16AM
Hi, Alderton,

This does not sound to be very serious. If she can walk properly on it for most of the time it is not broken, nor even strained.
It will probably settle down over the next couple of weeks, and if not, get it checked by your vet.

W
November 10, 2008 10:20AM
Hi, i dont care witch one,

Sorry, but I could not make any suggestions as to what is wrong with your kitten from your e-mail.
She may well have a virus infection which is giving her a raised temperature, which could account for some of the signs you describe.
If she is not improving in a couple of days, get her checked by a veterinarian.

W
evan
November 22, 2008 09:27AM
My cat went missing for a day the came back her eye bloodshot and some fur missing on her tail and around her eye.Can someone tell me whats wrong with her.She is five years old .
November 22, 2008 03:28PM
Oh, come on Evan!

Your cat has a bloodshot eye, and some fur missing on her tail and eye, and you ask what is wrong with her!!!

She has had an accident of some sort, that should be obvious.

W
Benjamin Medina
December 16, 2008 11:45PM
My cat had come home this morning and everything seemed fine,then when i got home i noticed that something smelled disgusting,i saw my cat laying on my bed and i noticed that he had a big wound on his leg{possibly got into a fight with a racoon or cat}it was bleeding pretty bad and this orangish liquid{maybe puss mixed with blood}keeps coming out of his leg,and wont stop,and it smells just awful,i almost threw up when i smelled it,bottom line, do you know what is wrong with my cat?He had an injury like this before,but it didnt have stuff coming out of the wound. HELP ME!!
December 17, 2008 08:24AM
Hi,

This an abscess resulting from a bite, probably by another cat, and not at all uncommon.
The wound needs proper cleansing, and he needs antibiotics. They usually heal OK.

W
mrs c birch
February 18, 2009 10:45PM
my cat is 9yrs old and tonight have noticed she is off balance and not walking well she hasn't eaten any food today and has started renching and bringing up frothy clear fluids pls could you help awaiting anxciously for local vets to call me back?? many thanks

mrs Birch
Author:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved