VetClick Discussion Forum

hamster

Posted by michelleDORE 
Re: Poorly Hamster
January 04, 2013 12:43PM
Hi NatNat

Well I think you've done all you can here and if he's eating baby food he's getting liquid from it so probably doesnt need to drink. As you clealry care about him a lot I am sure you wouldn't want him to become so poorly that he suffering. You must bear that in mind if he's getting worse or stops eating, in any decisions about another trip to the vet.

Cathy Wickenden BVet Med MRCVS
Barton Lodge Veterinary Centre
1 Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 5BH
Tel: 01442 216048 24 hours
[www.bartonlodgevets.co.uk]
Re: hamster
January 18, 2013 05:49PM
Hi Michelle

Your hamster may have a respiratory problem which is the cause of the noise when it is breathing faster. If this continues and/or the hamster becomes unwell lethargic and eats less you should take it to a vet. Antibiotics may be needed.

Gill clewes
July 10, 2013 12:50PM
I have a one year old syrian and I am getting a 6 week old. Would I be able to keep them in same cage or will they have to be kept apart
August 07, 2013 06:11PM
Hi Gill,

I very much fear the older hamster will attack a young new comer. You may have discovered this already but if not, continue to look out for problems as the young one matures. You will then need to separate them.

Paige
Re: hamster wheel situation
January 04, 2016 03:09AM
My male hamster Mr.Nibbles got his butt stuck in his wheel about 20minutes ago
and now he is walking funny and his butt is a little swollen.what do I do ?
puzzle
Re: hamster wheel situation
January 04, 2016 03:11AM
My male hamster Mr.Nibbles got his butt stuck in his wheel about 20minutes ago
and now he is walking funny and his butt is a little swollen
Personwithhamster
January 09, 2016 11:31PM
Hi, my male Syrian hamster was running around on the bed and then just led out really flat, which to me seemed odd because I have only had him for just over 2 days but he has been full of energy so to see him slowly and randomly lay flat was concerning. Me and my sister picked him up but he just stayed led down and then when my sister put him back down he went into my lap and led down flat. My sister suggested he may be scared because he does have random turns where he gets nervous and panics by trying to run away really fast or flips about trying to get out of your hands, so we calm him back down again by being gentle and keeping hold of him but letting him walk across your hands slowly and calmly talking to him. So I put him back in his cage in my room and he straight away drank a lot of water and then got a little bit of food and is now walking around his cage like normal. Yesterday he was led flat on the top floor which wouldn't have been comfortabe because it's bars, but my gerbils used to lie there so i thought nothing of it but now I am concerned he isn't entirely healthy.
Winona
Hamster Amy
January 21, 2016 09:15PM
Hi my 2 year old Syrian hamster called Amy is really thin she has bumps all around her body and she is dirty near her bottom and will not eat. She rarely comes out her house. What should I do?
Bryony
Syrian Hamster
February 17, 2016 04:50PM
I have a two year old Syrian Hamster which had Wet Tail back in November; taken to the vets given an antibiotic injection and antibiotics in the water for a week. It appeared to clear up fine.

11 days ago we noticed the second dose of wet tail... Back to the vets for an injection and orally administering antibiotics via a syringe twice daily. We have seen limited improvements. However he has over the last 48 hours started to make the odd very erratic movements in between the hours and hours he spends sleeping.

Is this an indication that the old age/stress/wet tail combination is just getting too much or could there be another issue that should involve going back to the vets for?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved