VetClick Discussion Forum

Vet from Brazil

Posted by Julio 
Vet from Brazil
September 29, 2005 12:20PM
Hi,

I am Julio and i am a high school student, i would like to work in UK as a vet after i finish college but now im wondering if there is any possibility to that happen.I've been searching about it, and i found out that i have to test at the rcvs to get a license.
I would like you to tell me if i will be welcome to work in UK after i get te RCVS License, or if its gonna be any resistence because im from another country.
I really ask you to tell me the truth, because my college perspectives will be based on what you tell me.(i dont know if ill study international trade or veterinary)

Thank you very much

Julio

Re: Vet from Brazil
September 29, 2005 12:22PM
Dear Julio,

In reply to your e-mail enquiring about working in the UK:

If you do pass the MRCVS examination of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons you should find no difficulty in getting work in the UK, especially if you are able to show that you have a reasonably good standard of English.
You will be able to get details of the MRCVS syllabus and examinations from:
Ms Freda Andrews, RCVS, Belgravia House, 62-64 Horseferry Road, LONDON, SW1X."
January 13, 2006 09:33AM
Hi, Julio,

If you are a graduate ofa veterinary school in the EU, you will NOT need to take the MRCVS examination as Graeme suggests. You will, however, be required to register with the RCVS ( a formality) before you may work in the UK.

I would suggest that your best work opportunities would be with one of the larger Animal Welfare organisations, such as the Blue Cross or the PDSA. You would gain plenty of experience, you would get a good salary, not be under the commercial pressures of general practice, have the support of colleagues, (many of whom are also non-UK graduates), and, in the case of the Blue Cross, be EXPECTED to study for an RCVS Certificate.

Good luck.

Walter Beswick
cosmas
veterinary nursing working experience
November 20, 2006 09:11AM
i am a veterinary nurse from south africa and would like to gain some working experience in the UK , and also comfortable with doing voluntary work, can anyone please provide me the usefull information and contacts that i can use.
November 20, 2006 10:19AM
Hi, Cosmas,
Try one of the animal welfare charities - eg the Blue Cross Victoria Animal Hospital, Hugh Street, LONDON (web site www.bluecross.org.uk) or the PDSA, or the RSPCA all of whom have animal hospitals and employ veterinary nurses.
W
Vet in UK
July 15, 2007 09:06PM
HI there
I was wondering if any of you have any information about the UK exam for veterinary license , any one here did it or will be doing it soo,.
Thanks
July 16, 2007 07:35AM
Hi, Julio,

In order for you to work in the UK you will need to take and pass an examination set by the Royal Colllege of Veterinary Surgeons in order to become a Member of the RCVS, which all whp practice veterinary medicine and surgery in the UK have to be.
You will get more details from: www.rcvs.org.uk
W
dr srinivas venturmilli.
Re:ZOO- Vet from I ndia
July 31, 2007 03:08PM
hi,

i am zoo vet working in of the large zoos in india for last 10 years.i had undergone trainings in india.now i want to upgrade my professional knowledge in this field.i want to do internship in exotic animal practice in u.s please suggest me how do i begin with .what are the options available to pursue.i shall be thankfull to get the info in this regard.
thanks a lot.
July 31, 2007 04:02PM
Hi,
thing you should do is to contact the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (rcvs.org.uk) and make enquiries there. The RCVS will be able to advise you if your qualifications are recognised in the UK, and also suggest points of contact for you where you may be able find a place in a Zoo here.

W
vani
Re: Vet from Sri Lanka
August 03, 2007 04:41AM
I am a Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science graduate from Sri Lanka, i would like to work in UK now. what should i want to do? please give some guidance.
thankyou.
August 03, 2007 07:37AM
Hi, Vani,

Before you can practise veterinary medicine in the UK you need to be registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (www.rcvs.org.uk). I do not think that the qualificateion you have at present will be sufficient for you to obtain registration. You will need to take the RCVS's MRCVS Diploma examination. Contact them at the internet address above for more information.

W
Maryshelly
July 02, 2008 12:21PM
Hi was just wndering if anyone who did the MRCVS could provide tips and techniques for the exam or any question and answers that may help me. Thanks!
eva
July 25, 2008 06:42PM
hi,JULIO.My name is Eva ,i am from Bulgaria.i am veterinary student (last year)I hope to find a good work in UK when i finish my education.If you want we can write each other,best wishes
July 25, 2008 07:14PM
hi i am vet student too.if you want you can write me on my e-mail.by
Dr. sita
September 01, 2008 01:33PM
Hi there! I am a vet with PhD in veterinary Medicine from India. I have an experience as post doctoral fellow from Canada as well. I am planning to migrate to NewZealand. I have enough experience and interest in sheep research as well. Can anyone help me my endevor.
with regards
Dr.Sita
Patricia
October 09, 2008 12:19AM
Hi!

Im a graduated vet from Brazil. I am at Australia at the moment and I really want to work as a vet here. I dont know what I have to do do achieve that though. Is my license valid here? Or do I have to do a exam to get one from here?
Please if anybody could help me I would be forever greatfull!!
Thanks!!
October 09, 2008 07:47AM
Hi, Patricia,
I am fairly certain that you will need to take the Membership examination of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
If you want more precise information, write to: The Registrar, RCVS, Belgrave House, 64 Horseferry Road, LONDON SW1P. 2AF. e-mail: registrar@rcvs.org.uk, Web site www.rcvs.org.uk

W
Dr. Amantaj
Re: Vet from India
August 18, 2009 07:45AM
Hi,,i m a vet graduate from India.Now i want to do post graduation in surgery from Brazil. If there is any vet college in Brazil where i continue my further studies for post graduation,if i get the information all abt that,i will be most thankful to you,
Bidiman
Re: Statutory Board Exam - Preperatory crash course
September 11, 2009 03:19PM

Hi,

I'm qualified Veterinary Surgeon from India holding BVSc &AH and have good nimber of years practice with both large and small animals.
I wish to aquire MRCVS so that i can practice in the UK.
I understand that I must sit the RVC Statuitory Board Exam and I am willing to do that but I consider the following to be the impediment:
1 Familiarisation with UK Vet Syllabus and understanding of local conditions in context to the Exams in question - LACK OF PANEL OF ADVISORS/GUIDE

2 Permission to see Practice and thus close proximity to Vet Clinics to grasp the practical conductivity of the Profession - NOT EASY TO GET PLACEMENT

3 Short crash course at one of UK Vet Schools to help prepare for the Exams - NONE AVAILABLE TO HELP

Please advice if any such help is available & do guide me to do the needful.

Many thanks and best regards.

Bidiman.
September 11, 2009 03:25PM
You must ask the RCVS ( www.rcvs.org.uk for this information
neeraja
Re: Vet from India
April 01, 2011 01:24PM
hi
my brother is Vet from India, can he register for RCVS from india, and write the exam from india...please help to find how to register with RCVS and what type of exams does he need to give? what is the whole procedure' how to do it'?...how much does it cost?..and is indian vet degree valid for this?
rajdeep
May 07, 2011 05:12AM
hi ,, i am vet graduate from india....i want to continue my postgraduate in any veterinary course from brasil..........can anybody help me to know the criteria for admission like any tests etc...i shall be very thankfull......................
Asher
Info about the 2012 membership exam
May 14, 2011 10:07PM
Hey,
I am planing to sit for the 2012 membership exam, I have some problems with finding out the material for the exam. sombody knows where can I find it? Or maybe did it and can give me some tips.
Thanks a lot and good luck/
A.
Re: Info about the 2012 membership exam
May 16, 2011 04:06PM
The RCVS should be able to tell you where to access the information in the UK
Oliever
May 22, 2011 10:23AM
Hi Asher

I am planning to sit MRCVS exam nest year too, and I looking for someone who I can join to study. I have a friend that passed the test, and he is willing to help anybody.

Thanks

Kind regards
Asher
December 06, 2011 02:12PM
I am also planning on sitting for the MRCVS in 2012,and would like to get in touch with your friend who is willing to help.
Leticia
February 12, 2016 07:14PM
Hi,

I would like to know what do i have to do to work as a vet in Australia being a brazilian graduated in a university in Portugal.

Thank you
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved