VetClick Discussion Forum

work experience help

Posted by Jodielm 
work experience help
July 18, 2008 07:03PM
hi,
I've just finished my first year at 6th form and really really want to be a veterinary nurse!! but i need 2 weeks work experience and im am finding it sooooo hard to get it. I have workm experience at a stud and i am hoping to volunteer to the blue cross but im scared that this wont be enough to get in to veterinary nursing at uni.
I hope u can give me advice on work experience and would bsc hon veterinary nursing be better than foundation degree?

Hope you can help!!
Jodie!
Re: work experience help
July 18, 2008 08:43PM
Hi,

Any of the Bluecross animal hospitals - 3 in London and one in Grimsby, would help you.
Have you tried all your local veterinary practices?

W
July 18, 2008 10:02PM
hi,
thanks for ur reply, i have sent letters to all the veterinary practices in cambridge with only one reply saying they can't take me, would volunteering be enough for work experience?
and would it be a good idea to phone the practices but the reason i havent phoned is so i dont get rejected in person LOL!!

Jodie
July 19, 2008 08:43AM
Hi,

I suggest that you telephone each practice, say that you wish to volunteer for work experience, you do not want to be paid, and ask to make an appointment to see the practice manager, the senior nurse or a vet to discuss it.

You may well get some rejections, it is a hard world, but even that is useful in preparing you to be able to handle the rejections you will invariably get later in your life! Think positive.

W
July 19, 2008 08:06PM
hi thanks for your replys!! i have just got a letter saying that one vets can take me for a week!! yay hopefully that will persuade other vets to let me on for work expereience!
July 20, 2008 04:01PM
Well done - persistence pays off!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved