VetClick Discussion Forum

Becoming a Vet after an Arts Degree.......please advise or send the mental health team round ;-)

Posted by Alex 
Becoming a Vet after an Arts Degree.......please advise or send the mental health team round ;-)
May 28, 2008 02:29PM
Hello everybody,

I am just about to graduate with a (hopefully!) 2.1 in an Arts degree from a decent university.

Since doing a few weeks working with marine animals affected by the Sri Lankan Tsunami and living with a vet student have realised this is a path I would love to take in life (I also have had a life long love affair with anything non-human).

I am 'slightly' older than your average undergrad (24 in Sept).

I have read about post grads raising the astronomical tuition fees (70,000 for 5 years?) through fundraising and donations. I would do this course asap if this wasn't in my way but obviously I have to assess whether raising this sort of cash is possible (and yes I'm bitter that that the gov don't help post grad vets!).

I would like to do the Nottingham 6 year course as I have only Art A Levels.

Does anyone have any suggestions or 'positive criticism' i.e I know it's not going to be the easiest route but this is my dream so be nice!

Thanks guys,

Alex x
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved