VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Vet Students

Posted by tali 
tali
December 26, 2007 11:04AM
Hi,
I'm 1st year vet studend in Israel.
I have a difficult time with anatomy, but I guess I'm not the only one...
I can't find the motivation to sit and memorize it :-(.
Well, what to do :-).
Tali.
December 26, 2007 11:47AM
Hi, Tali,

Be thankful that vet students today do far less anatomy than when I was a student!

There is no alternative but the hard slog Would you like to be operated on by a surgeon who did not know any antomy?

Surely there is enough motivation in knowing that if you do not pass your anatomy you will not progress to the more 'interesting' parts of the veterinary undergraduate course. Just get your head down and get on with it - enough of the self pity!

W
tali
December 26, 2007 02:42PM
You are right. I do need to pass the "self pity" phase.
I work in vet clinics for more then 14 years now and I already did a second degree. It's hard for me to "go back" into first year courses. But, as you wisely said, it's only the door for the interesting courses.
Three and a half years to go :-).
Thanks,
Tali.
December 26, 2007 03:43PM
Hi, Tali,

I did not realise that you were a 'mature student' - had I done so I would not have replied so harshly to you.
I am full of admiration for your going back to being a full-time student after more than 14 years. The best of luck to you!

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved