VetClick Discussion Forum

Im trying to be a Vet Nurse

Posted by Rachelle 
Rachelle
Im trying to be a Vet Nurse
December 22, 2007 07:35AM
Hi i'm new to the whole Vet Career idea, and I decided that I want to be a Vet Nurse. The thing is, I don't know how to get started. I'm at a CSU with no Vet program whatsoever, and I dont know how many years it takes or what school would be best for me to go to, and how I can get opportunities to have hands on experience. Please help because no one seems to have answers. My parents strongly disapprove because they think its not a good career to get into. But i love animals, and I know I wouldn't have the skills to be a full vet but I want to help animals where I can.
Re: Im trying to be a Vet Nurse
December 22, 2007 09:53AM
Hi, Rachelle,

You do not say in which country you live, and I cannot deduce it from your e-mail address.
If you live in the UK, ask the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Department of Veterinary Nursing for information (www.rcvs.org.uk).
Tell your parents from me that veterinary nursing is a good career - qualified VNs are commanding salaries of up to £28,000 !
Good luck!

W
beth
Which A-levels?
January 12, 2008 08:42PM
hi im in my last year of comprehensive school and i was wondering if any one could help me on which a-levels to choose?

I am very determined to be a vet or vet nurse i have volenteered at a local stables and riding school and i currently work at a vetanary practise on a saturday morning!

please help me! any ideas will be gladly welcomed!! xx
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved