VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Vet Students

Posted by Joelle 
Joelle
November 22, 2007 07:35PM
Hi,
I am 14 years old and I was hoping you could help me as I would like to become a Vet.
I am in year 9 and at my school you choose your GCSE's a year early, I have took: Btec first diploma in Health and social care, business studies, and we have to keep our first language, which is German (I am being fast tracked,so I will do my german GCSE a year earlier than normal), also we have to take I.T. and R.E and all the core subjects.

I am a horse rider and I help out at my local stables.
I understand it will be alot of hard work but I know I can do it.

I have researched about becoming a Vet and I was hoping if you could advise me what would be the best route to take.

I would appreciate it if you write back.

Thanks x
November 23, 2007 08:37AM
Hi, Joelle,

The only way to become a vet in the UK is to study at a University Veterinary School (London, Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool, Glasgow & Edinbug=rgh and now, Nottingham) and get a veterinary degree which will let you register with the Royal College Veterinary Surgeons. Unless you are an Member RCVS you may not practice inf the UK.
To get into a vet school you will need a range of O levels at good grades, and a minimum of 3 A levels, A grades in Chemistry' Physics and Biology, but you must enquire of the relevant University at an early stage what are their specific requirements.
Work experience on a farm, in a levery stable and in kennels is also required.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved