VetClick Discussion Forum

need help...

Posted by lisa goodchap 
lisa goodchap
need help...
November 15, 2007 07:19PM
Well I am 31 years old and have been thinking about waning to be a vet for some years now. I did not do my a level's but did a GNVQ advanced instead and have gained a marketing degree....which is no use, I know. I have worked in the vets as a volunteer and currently help out at local animal rescue wildlife sanctuary. I have never been passionate about science but feel so passionate about animals. I know I can go to Nz and study but with university fees and living costs is will be £105,000 (if I got accepted) I read this article about this girl who raised money to go to vet school and managed to get it all paid.....amazing!! I worked some years back on a volunteer project with orangutangs and would love to return one day as a vet, but I don't see how this would ever be possible without working the debt off until I retired. I always think I am not clever enough and is seems like such a scary prospect to me and I don't know what to do, I can't seem to give the dream up and it's holding me back as I can't seem to focus on any other career. So there you have it....
Re: need help...
November 16, 2007 09:17AM
Hi, Lisa,

Realistically I think you should forget the idea of graduating as a vet.
There are, however, other avenues you can explore, using your existing qualificateions, where you could work with animals, such as:
Practice manager in a veterinary practice,
Animal rescue centre manager with an animal charity ( e.g. the Blue Cross)

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved