VetClick Discussion Forum

Staff nurse - veterinary nurse

Posted by Lara 
Lara
Staff nurse - veterinary nurse
September 19, 2007 10:28AM
Hi,

I am currently a staff nurse working on a busy surgical ward. I have been qualified 3 years but have been working with people since i was 15. My dad and brother are farriers and my mum teaches carriage driving, I have grown up with lots of animals, from horses to hamsters! I really loved my job but have recently become really unhappy and have always wanted to work with animals. I am 24 and feel I should really follow my heart and do what i am passionate about.

I live in a rented house so would need to think about how i could do this finacially too. I have 9 GCSE's, Advanced GNVQ in Health and Social Care and Advanced Diploma in Adult Nursing. I'd really appreciate any advice as I dont really know how to procede,

Thankyou

Lara
Re: Staff nurse - veterinary nurse
September 19, 2007 01:51PM
Hi Lara,

I really think that you are over-qualified to become a veterinary Nurse (VN) and i doubt if your qualificateions would exempt you from any part of the veterinarynursing exams.
I suggest that you get in touch with Libby Earle at the Royal College of veterinary Surgeons. She is charge of the Vet Nurse department, and herself has human nursing qualifications I believe. www.rcvs.org.uk or libby.earle@rcvs.org.uk
W
Bea x
Picking Options To Be A Vet .
January 27, 2010 07:11PM
Hello,
I am 13 (year 8) and am taking my options very soon. I have lived with animals all my life and would love to become a vet when I am older. I think I am very capable of this as i am in accelerated groups (Take G.C.S.E's earlier) for all of my subjects apart from my arts, d.t's and drama's. I think i am fairly intelligent and would love to follow my dream of becoming a vet. I have an idea of what options i would like to take but wanted to make sure they were suitable for what i want to do, before i hand in my form. These are the options i 'Think' i am going to pick:

History
Media
Buisness,Admin and finance diploma.
Btec sport or Photography
Animal care course (year 10)

( As i am in an accelerated group for science it is compulsory for me to do the triple science and not an option. Also at my school we have to take french so that is not included as an option either.)

ThankYou for any replies ,,,

Bea x
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved