VetClick Discussion Forum

A Levels for vetinary school

Posted by dan 
dan
A Levels for vetinary school
September 18, 2007 07:06PM
Hi

Im just going into my schools sixth form and im wandering if i will be able to get in vetinary school with chemistry biology english and art to a level. I should be able to manage As or As and Bs.
I have 2 a*s 6 a and 5 b for gcse, but my science were all b's, maths was a and english a*. So if i assume i get AABB for chemistry biology then art and english, would you say i able to get into vetenary school?
Re: A Levels for vetinary school
September 19, 2007 08:01AM
Hi, Dan,

Until you learn how to spell 'veterinary' I would say that you don't have a hope!

Apart from that I am pretty sure that you need to have an A in Physics too.

W
Verity
Being a Vet
November 03, 2007 07:51PM
Hi ... i was just wondering if you have any adbvice on becoming a Vet. Im very serious about it and want to know what kind of grades you need and in what subjects ... im currently doing biology psychology, philosphy and food at A level ... i know philosophy and food arnt any good but what about the other two. I really regret not taking chemistry. Some have told me as well that i get too attatched to animals and this career will make me unhappy. Is there any hope for me?!
HELP PLEASE!
Re: A Levels for vetinary school
November 04, 2007 08:54AM
Hi, Verity,

I doubt whether your selection of subject at A level will get you into a British university veterinary school.
You will almost certainly need Chemistry and Physics at good grades as well as Biology.
You should contact the various veterinary schools for yourself and enquire.

W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved