VetClick Discussion Forum

huge reconsiderations :s icky situation

Posted by Lostzy 
Lostzy
huge reconsiderations :s icky situation
October 11, 2011 03:40PM
Hi

I am currently in my 2nd year of college doing A2 levels in sociology, psychology, and english combined.

Due to mental health issues which i am gradually overcoming, I left school during GCSE year and did English and maths GCSEs at home in under a year, which is all the GCSEs I have.

However after some serious thinking and some work experience I am 95% sure I want to become a vet. I am smart enough to get the grades (not boasting, just plenty of people think having only 2 gcse's = dumb), but I'm guessing I would have to go back and do science GCSE's as they look at those too? Or would I be able to do the preliminary year at bristol instead of the GCSE's?

...If i take another 3 or 4 years to do the right GCSEs and A levels I'll be almost 30 by the time i get done with vet school...

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated-I have a gut feeling this is the career for me even if it does take a while.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved