VetClick Discussion Forum

vet tech

Posted by Travis 
Travis
vet tech
June 04, 2011 10:40PM
Hi,
I want become a registered vet tech in Western Australia.
If i go to university and study BA animal science can i go straight to a vet clinic or do i have to do more studying?
Also what does a vet tech career involve?
Thank you
Travis
Re: vet tech
June 18, 2011 07:25AM
Animal lovers get satisfaction from this occupation only. Veterinary technicians perform various medical tests and treat and diagnose medical conditions and diseases in animals. Veterinary technicians generally work in private clinics and animal hospitals. Sometimes they also find a place in research facilities under the guidance of veterinarians or physicians. Primarily a 2-year program is necessary to enter into this profession. I can help you in providing the list of some universities which are offering online course in veterinary technician along with scholarship and financial aid. [veterinariantechnician.org]. Hope you'll find one college which will suit your requirement. This career has lot of scopes. Employment is expected to grow much faster than average. Overall job opportunities are excellent; mainly in vet clinics, zoos and aquariums.
Travis
Re: vet tech
June 19, 2011 11:15PM
Hi,
Your info was just what I was after.
I am in Western Australia and Murdoch University does BA Animal Science so I think I might go there to study.
I am in first year high School and I am thinking about careers that I might like to do.
I love animals and I like helping them.
Do you know who much hourly does a vet tech get paid in Western Australia?

Thank you,
Travis
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved