VetClick Discussion Forum

Re: Qualifications needed to become a vet

Posted by Kim :) 
Kim :)
February 14, 2010 12:58PM
Hi,

I've always wanted to be a vet as long as I can remember. I'm in 3rd Year and I'll be choosing my subjects for GCSE next month. I've been getting straight A's in all of my subjects in the Christmas and Summer exams each year. Except Physics. This year I got a B in my Physics exam and I missed the A by one mark.
For GSCE would I have to do Physics? I really don't enjoy the subject and I was looking forward to dropping it but I have now been told I need it.
Would it be OK to do:
Maths,
English,
Geography,
H.E,
French,
Biology,
Chemistry,
(Possibly Physics)
Music,
Additional Maths,
and (Possibly) Classical Civilisations?

Thanks,
Kim x
February 14, 2010 02:53PM
Hi,

Your selection of "O" levels is very impressive, and good results are taken into consideration.
At "A" level Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Maths are, I understnd, essential. The pressure of applicants to the vet schools continues to be very high, and now appears to be partly based on Government instructions to discriminate towards pupild from state school, even with poore results.
However, it does seem that as pressure grows, selection will also depend on other factors such as experience and dedictaion as assessed at interview.

w
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

All material on this website © Copyright VetClick (UK) Ltd 2000 - 2024 All rights reserved